Thursday, October 11, 2007

#9 Feeding the RSS

The RSS was hungry (which doesn't make sense--so instead of Really Salty Steak or whatever it's now Random Stationary Starian, Starians being residents of the lone star lung. And off we go) so Conan the Librarian set out to find food or "feeds" for him.

Oddly enough, he (I) found it easier to go the the sites I was already aware of and find the feeds there. On the whole I didn't find the feed-locators any more usefull for finding feeds than standard search engines just designed to search for websites. But the real issue in making the resource worthwhile (it seems to me) is a commitment of coming back and checking on things.

It just occured to me--I don't think I thought to check the onion for blog links. Zounds. [tangent]Which incidentally rhymes with "wounds" not "hounds". [/tangent]

So anyway, Conan found the feeds and fed the star
and all were happier by far
and so through lone-star skies we'd see
there's no escape from my bad poetry.

1 comment:

Conan the Librarian said...

Yeah, onion loaded right in no problem. You see how easy the eclectic approach is?